The United Architects of the Philippines (UAP), the Integrated and Accredited Professional Organization of Architects), announced on June 21, 2014 its new set of officers in Crowne Plaza Hotel.
HPC President Mr. Sam Chen, Projects Manager Mr. Romuald Ponce, Corp. 4 Supervisor Ms. Malou Elbo and the new BDU Supervisor Mr. Jaime See showed support to UAP by gracing the event.
The following are the new set of UAP Officers for the Fiscal Year 2014-2015:
• National President: Ma. Benita O. Regala, FUAP
• National Executive Vice President: Rey S. Gabitan, UAP
• Secretary General: Alfred Geoffrey C. Carandang, UAP
• National Treasurer: John Joseph T. Fernandez, UAP
• National Auditor: Mohammadsarfraz A. Uttoh, UAP
• Chancellor, College of Fellows: Ramon S. Mendoza, FUAP
Arch. Regala’s program for the fiscal year would revolve around the theme “Empower, Equip, Enjoin.” Her message was summarized in arkispecs.com: “Empower” the Profession would involve pursuing the issuance of the Architectural Permit, lobbying for the mandatory hiring of city or municipal architect; “Equip” the Architect includes pursuing specializations and establishing a training and masteral scholarship program; “Enjoin” the Organization through multi-sectoral regional consultations, and improved organizational and financial transparency.
As one of the biggest professional organization of Architects, HCG continues to support UAP. With this, HCG hopes for a stronger and better partnership with them.